Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bali

So I haven't posted in quite a while, but it was just because I was having such a good time in  Bali! Elisa and I bid Cambodia and our hotel room lizard (which we naturally named Gordon Gekko) a fond farewell and headed to Bali. We stayed in Sanur, which is a quiet town on the east side of the island.

We went diving and it was Elisa's first time ever diving. There is a US cargo ship called the USS Liberty that the Japanese sunk in 1940 right off the coast of Bali. You can shore dive to it. There were a lot of amazing fish and coral.

We also tried surfing. The surf lessons started with a group jog down the beach and stretching. This made sure I was nice and limber every time I fell off the board and had it hit me in the head when I surfaced. I prefer to watch surfers rather than actually to attempt surfing.

Bali really is paradise- beautiful beaches, lovely people, stunning rice paddies, and great food. I can't say enough good things about it. More to come later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment